View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2005
Novicius

CAvatar is flying high
Default Windows startup crash. Please try to help.

OK First I should say I've posted this on another thread thinking it was the same problem as someone elses but apparently its not. Secondly I should say my OS is Windows ME, I got 512 MB RAM and a 1.3 Ghz P4 (at least that's what my computer is telling me). My problem involves only when I restart not when I go to shut off the machine then start it up later. Basically when I try to start up Windows I get two errors before having to hit enter to actually "start up." One involves devldr16 causing an error in COMCTL32.dll and then after pressing enter to login I get "Explorer caused an error in SHELL32.dll." It only started after I installed Limewire and after I uninstall Limewire this problem no longer happens. I have used Limewire before but that was more than two years ago so this is the first time using it in a long time. I really want to keep using it but it's not easy to use something that doesnt let me restart my computer easy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to say that once the Explorer error happens my computer freezes and not one program starts up.