Thread: Feature ideas
View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2005
Sidian

Default Feature ideas

I just had a quick idea, and im not sure if its original or not but her goes.

Your search results tab will re-search automatically after a user selectable time, why this is so helpful is because i remember reading that by re-searching your currently downloading file, it will find new or more sources. Also if a person gets up and walks away from their computer then it will reload the search and when they come back to their machine, it will be like they just searched. Also you should be able to turn this feature off by pressing a hot key like ctrl-0 or something like that.

Also, how about changing the text colors in the search window, to conform to the colors of the stars in the quality window, that way you can easily know if the current item in question is ethernet,already downloaded, cancelled download, *, **,***,****,*****, or ultrapeer...

Also I would like to see a more advanced chat window, it seems like half the time I go to ask someone whether or not they like a file they dont answer at least have limewire tell me if they closed the window on me, or if they are typing, or if they are not accepting messages, just so im not completely in the dark....

Also have ya'll though about making a plugin for firefox? There is a really nice one called foxy-tunes that take wmp and minimizes it to the info bar, it says what song is currently playing, has all the buttons (skip forward, skip backward, stop, play, pause, ect.) the bonus of this would be that instead of having two windows it keeps it down to one, plus firefox is OPEN SOURCE! You could also code it to open into a new tab when a download completes or send a java based message or something.

One last thing, has limewire ever had a feature to describe how much processing power it is currently using or how much bandwidth it is using? You could incorperate this feature by making a little power meter bar of the limewire logo when it minimizes to system tray, this would be extremely helpful to me!

Thank you and keep up the fantastic work! I love limewire and refuse to use anything of lesser quality! Once again thanks and keep up the great work!