View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2001
Apprentice

DanninEmX is flying high
Unhappy

Thank you for the assistance, but I don't think my issue was understood properly. I wasn't complaining about the downloads dropping the hosts as they near completion; I was pointing out that it wouldn't FINISH the download, no matter how long I wait. I mean, if the program automatically drops off hosts (for what, I have no idea.. is that supposed to be a bug??) as a download nears completion, as you say, it should naturally seek out a new host to download the remaining part of the file to fill up the last 1%, shouldn't it? My problem is that even if it succeeds in finding an active open host (or several of them), it doesn't download anything from it (or from any of the many). (one time, I had waited a couple of days and yet the download was not complete, so I just aborted it)

and isn't the fact that it stops certain perfectly fine downloads at 99% point just to look for some other hosts itself a bug, if not (forgive me for the expression.. quite a retarded side of the program? (... but I think it's well deserved, if it was meant to do that) It doesn't happen to all the downloads, but large files tend to do that more often than small files and I just have to know why so I could take alternative ways to download such large files without this problem...