View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2005
Novicius

ANBU Templar is flying high
Exclamation Advance Search Enhancements

I had used Limewire since it had the spyware. (o those was the dark days! >.< ) I have started to use Limewire again and wow! So many improvements! Many props to Limewire's staff. One of the best P2P programs I have used. Limewire still lacks some common features on most P2P programs.

My request is a working drop down menu under "Size" in the "More Search Options".'
This feature would allow the search feature to look files ABOVE a specific selected size.

Example:
_______
| 5 MB |
| 10 MB |
| 30 MB |
| 50 MB |
| etc... |
----------

Why should we have this?
To derail all the fake files! When someone searches for a large file, let’s just say it's 35 MB. There will be hundreds of below 35 MB showing up in the search result. Why force Limewire to find so many different files, that you know isn't the right one. This will specific the file you want and increase the chance of finding similar results.

Some may say "Can't you arrange the result?" or "There no problem with "size menu"

Yes, you CAN arrange the search results by size, by double-clicking on the top of the column, which says size. But most likely your search results are full with file not even close to what you want.

The problem with the current "size" menu is that it don't work! Do I put 10kb? 10mb? 10gb? or maybe just 10? Well, it doesn't matter since results come out totally different from what you want.

This is a simply idea which can be easily implemented (I hope). I have some other idea about "search but i'll talk about it next time. I will continue to fight for this small adjustment to the search.

Why shouldn’t Limewire have a simply feature that other P2P have?