View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2005
Apprentice

Endless Splendors is flying high
Default School Connections

While I'm using a school's LAN, the solutions that may apply to all may apply to us at schools as well. I welcome your insights and solutions.

Recently, the part of our school, the LAN available to most students and faculty nights and weekends, upgraded(?) their equipment and apparently software. We have moved up from 10MB/second to 100MB/second, though services like LimeWire and SoulSeek no longer connect, and we have some sort of Internet disconnection every 10 minutes too. That asside, is there a port range not usually associated with P2P that may go unrecognized by most ISPs that we can use instead of the conventional 6349 and 6346?

I'm not a pooter geek, and other than having ports conspicuously available for assigning, I don't know Jack O' Lantern about port forwarding or hinding, or lateralling or whatever. I do know that when I'm connected to LimeWire, I'm helping you by offering my school's Internet II and humongous bandwidth as an ultrapeer for your downloads. Please help me solve this connection concern so I can share evenings and weekends with you all, and we can all get more done as well.

Last edited by Endless Splendors; April 30th, 2005 at 11:03 PM.