View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I didn't realise you had double-posted. Bad media is the sounds of it. I recently had a bad disk & returned it for a replacement. Everytime I put the same disk in it would refuse to be read by any burner softw. The TOC is unreadable basically. You get bad batches of CD & DVD media. If it's not the media then either your burner is not compatible with the media or your burner needs a firmware update. You didn't actually tell me which brand or model burner you have. Apple have used different brands of Superdrive.

So what size was the disk image by the way. It needs to be 4.37 GB or smaller. Verbatim disks will sometimes fit 4.38 on but TDK won't! Pity you don't have a dvd-rw burner. It might save some disks.

Try to burn your disk image at single speed & don't use any heavy programs during the process. Also set Toast to Buffer Underrun Protection after you press the burn button. As the series of images below show:
Attached Images
File Type: gif video-settingb.gif (26.2 KB, 92 views)