View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2005
Apprentice

Endless Splendors is flying high

I've been having 'corrupt file' problems regardless of what I have or have not done with software or settings.

I witnessed some improvements in download capability shortly after downloading, much faster downloads more often, close to a month ago, though that may only be a time coincidence, it happened about the same time none the less.

In time it seemed to slow down a bit, but was still getting 50Kb to 180Kb a second just far less often and rather quickly less often within a week to two weeks after that, so I took the suggestion from the pop-ups to see if I had the latest version of java, found what I had was a generation older so I upgraded the java.

About one to two weeks ago I saw more slowing down and had some difficulties getting past 'connected' at one bar so I took a suggestion from the forum to delete a folder named ".limewire" and restarted the program.

Between the second and third step above, not just after but within the middle of the two week gap between the second and last step, I began experiencing the "corrupt" phenomenon, something that "NEVER" happened before.

Not only that, but the downloads would get to 98 to 99 percent, then stop, then become corrupted, and only less than a quarter of all of those triggered the 'verify' and refulfill the download function to complete a thorough download. For the past week that's improved to around two thirds of the downloads go through the verification function, the rest get flagged as 'corrupt' without any noticeable demonstration of verification.

The 'corrupt file' phenomenon didn't start immediately after any of the three steps mentioned above, and I have limewire active approximately 15 hours a day. I don't think any of those steps above may have 'caused' the problem, I think it's a problem in the system, though I'm not very software savvy, I can only speak to what I've witnessed and when.