View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2005
Snarkle

Exclamation

I've got a feature request. How about we make the "quality" icons actually accurately reflect reality for version 4.9?

Using 4.8.1, I notice all of the following:

Green checked items I don't already have (no overwrite prompt if I go to download it)
Starred items I do (there *is* an overwrite prompt if I go to download it)
Torn paper items I have (ditto)
Folder icon items I already have (ditto)

The first is the most pernicious for collecting files -- it means you can't go by the icons and mass-select everything not checked to download and add everything you don't already have. You have to select the checked items too, and that invariably means a large number of overwrite prompts to respond "no" to. Of course, nobody seems to have thought it worthwhile having "no to all" on that dialog... (or "yes to all" for that matter).

On a related note, how about a way to retry corrupt files other than selecting it, hitting "stop", repeating the search that originally found the item, and praying that it is found again? They don't "resume", which doesn't make too much sense -- it should try to get the file again (if necessary, from scratch) from the known sources if you select a "File Corrupt" entry and hit the resume button. Instead, that button is greyed. Attempting to resume it from the Incomplete folder on the Library tab results in it searching for a zero length file of the same name, failing to find it, and then you're left with an entry in your download list "awaiting sources" that doesn't work properly (e.g., select it and hit "resume" and nothing happens. It doesn't go to "connecting..." or "queued" or anything else. If you set the table to sort by status and to auto-sort, then do it, it doesn't even move -- it should end up at the bottom of the "awaiting sources" list even if it does so too fast for the eye to see, but in fact it does nothing...and it shouldn't even go too fast for the eye to see. It takes a full 60 seconds to be sure a TCP connection has failed. It shouldn't give up any sooner than that, and anyway should respect the timeout interval set in the computer's network stack configuration and not use its own timeout interval.)