View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2005
midnight_blue

Default Newbie question re: Network statistics

Hi. I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum, I'm just finding my way around the forums, and LimeWire too...

(WinXP platform)

I have a question about the statistics that display in Tools -> Statistics. I;m trying to get my head around the terms "ultrapeer" "leaf nodes" etc, I've searched the forums and have an understanding of what the differences are.

Now in that statistics option, looking at Network there are two figures:

Current Hosts: 3
Total Hosts: 144

My Connection Status is showing as "leaf", I'm assuming the 3 "current hosts" referred to above are the 3 UltraPeers that show in my connections page? Is this correct.

Following on from that, what does "total hosts" mean? That there are 144 different ultrapeers or 144 people connected to the network? Would it be that there are 144 UPs and thousands more connected to the network?

Finally (sorry this is so long!) when I do a search on something popular eg "Song X" by "Group Y" and say the search shows a # (for example 45) in that column next to "Quality", under the heading "#", does that mean that there are 45 people connected to the newtork that have that file or there are 45 people that my 3 hosts were able to locate and a lot more than 45 poeple could be connected to the network with that file?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, I'm just trying to get my head around P2P

Robert