View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2005
Lost In Time

fabion is flying high

Hmmm Well the current hosts are the 3 connected as UltraPeers in the connection status window.

Now as for the total hosts from my understanding this figure is inaccurate do the constantly changing network enviroment. I believe it is supposed to represent the total number of hosts connected to the 3 UltraPeers. Another member may have a better understanding and explanation of this.

As to the last part from my understanding that number represents the number of hosts that currently have that file available from your search results. This again is constantly changing as hosts connect and disconnect from the network.You may receive a number of 45 for that file on one search, then 20 minutes later do another search for that same file and you may receive 5 results or 100 results. The network is constantly changing all the time, and different hosts have different files.

You just have to remember the network is made up of hosts. It is very dynamic and constantly changing, and consists of more than one client not just LimeWire.