Well, let's see.

I've read gnutella protocal v. 04.:
http://www9.limewire.com/developer/g...otocol_0.4.pdf
and what is an enhacement to it:
http://www.limewire.com/index.jsp/metainfo_searches

And... I've visited freenet.

The fact is that I've found that gnutella has two main problems:

1)One the absence of stable nodes, and that doesn't hang up, and the other one
2)that gnutella could be collapsed one day (Perhaps the second point I'm not right)

Well... what I think we should is do something like freenet without being as well as freenet but with some of its philosophy.

Let's see we should add a new descriptor called:

"Downloaded_file" Well a similar and shorter name would be more apropiately.

When you're downloading a file you should inmediately send a Downloaded_file message with also a TTL that decreases.

Each server will have an statidistic list with the first "100" files that come to him from downloaded_file messages. And in this chart there will be enclosed the number of times a determined file is said to be a downloaded_file.

Every "3" days, the program will look into the statistics chart and begin to downloaded the first "5" files of the chart. Of course, in order to prevent unattended viruses all these files will be saved in a dat or whatever file.

There will be of course a limit size for the dat file.

Once the file will be downloaded will appear as shared.

This files you can see them... and if you want, and with your own responsability, you could transform them into normal files.

-How would be done the downloading of downloaded_file chart... well let's see that if you can have 3 downloads, you could only use 2 downloads for personal use when the program is downloading this file or files... That's to say the 33% of bandwith assigned to Limewire.

-We could set that each 3 weeks the statistics chart will be erased but not the files that you share like dat.

-There will be also some kind of filters in order to avoid people asking for determined files that are known to be viruses. You know someone using downloaded_file messages manually.

That was for the second point.

For the fist point... you could use something like twicky. When you install
limewire you're asked to be a router... that would be only if you have
a big bandwith... it would have to be checked.

I hope you take in account some of these ideas and that some day there will
be ok.

Numbers between "" can be changed.