View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2005
Novicius

bgerard is flying high
Angry Unsuccesfull downloading files HELP ME !!!

I'm having huge problems downloading files with LimeWire, which is frustating and wastes my time with unsuccesfull downloads

I started using this program recently, because i was tired of the invading actions of KaZaA, placing adware and spyware software in my PC, with tons of advertising pop ups windows; that's what i love from LimeWire, no pop ups, no adware, no spyware.

But i'm tired of getting "Need more sources" and "Waiting for sources" for every file i choose to download, specially when just a few seconds ago, such file was listed among 100+ of availible results for download, with four stars and high speed connections from Cable/DSL to T3.

I simply don't understand what's the point of listing a file as availible for download, if you'll fail to do so. With KaZaA at least you can rely that you have 70% of probabilities of downloading, if not inmediately at least eventually, any file you find within your searching, and 50% of resuming files that weren't availible before and completing partial downloads.

But with LimeWire if you're lucky you get at most 20% of probabilities of downloading the file inmediately, and 0% of resuming files that weren't availible before and completing partial downloads. At first believed that the users sharing those files disconected from internet, but then why the same files keep showing in my searchs as availible?

I sincerily don't know what to do, LimeWire indicates me that i have an excelent internet connection, so far no problems uploading files (even my own files show up as availible for download in my searchs) and i always choose to download files with four stars and Cable/DSL or higher connection, but the ratio of succesfully downloading them is minimal.

Please somebody help me! I like LImeWire but i can't afford to loose my time and patiente, with unfructiferous searchs and unsuccesfull downloads.