View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2005
Novicius

scout99 is flying high
Default Help needed downloading from uncorrupted files

Hi, I'm both a newbie at Limewire as well as participating in message boards, but after having read through many of the discussions looking for a solution to my problem, I still find myself with questions that need answers...

I get the whole T3 thing which of course sucks in the first place, but my problem is that after finding that out and then starting to look for different sources such as cable or modem users as alternatives when wanting to download a "new" or "popular" file I find myself with a whole new set of problems...

Here is the thing; When I find an alternative source through changing my ways of searching they usually are single sources, (no number of sources attached to it), but when trying to download such a file, what usually happens is that Limewire tells me I need more sources... So I push the find-more-sources button, over and over... but after a while the message "file could not be downloaded" almost always comes up... How do you download a file from a single source that ought to have like tons of sources considering how so many users like me must be searching for these rare files when the alternative always are these tons of corrupted T3 files?
I totally don't care if it takes time to download from a modem for instance, but what is the purpose of file sharing when a file never seems to be able to be downloaded unless there already are loads of sources behind it? I mean every file must at one time have been the first?

I don't know, or maybe I'm just a dumb newbie, but there seems to me that if one is to get around the corrupted T3 files people should be able to download from the ones that aren't?

I'm greatful for any help or insight into this problem as you out there can share...