View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2005
tig

I have also experienced problems after upgrading to tiger.

I'll give as much detail as possible to give a better picture of the problem. I have limewire 4.8.1 pro, have a 2.5mb dsl modem with a good connection. The first problem after I upgraded to tiger was that some of the files limewire found, mostly the ones shared from multiple users could not be downloaded. Up to that moment despite this download problem my search results and download/upload connections were good (usually connected to at least 30 Peers and 15 Leaves).

I installed limewire again to get rid of the download problem but that didn't bring any results, so I had to erase all the limewire files and preferences and reinstall limewire. That fixed the download problem but for some reason it caused a connection problem. I could no longer connect to more than 5 ultrapeers and got much less results and usually lower download speeds. I have noticed that the dropped input percentage to the connected hosts rose to 65% or higher (previously the input percentage never exceeded 4% and for most connections it remained around 0-1%). So after waiting for about a week and still experiencing bad connections I completely erased my hard drive and performed a clean installation of tiger in case of a system issue. After installing limewire on the new tiger system to my dissapointment nothing changed and there's still a connection problem with a high percentage of dropped messages (60% or more). I have no firewall or router. I also tried the 6346 test (http://www3.limewire.com:6346/) and passed it.

Any help would be much appreciated.