View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2005
Novicius

DaveZ is flying high
Question Really Weird Connection Issue...HELP!!

I am having a really odd issue with limewire. I have been using this program for a llllooonnnngggg time, never had an issue with it. All of a sudden, the program signs on and will download for about 20 minutes, then kills my internet connection. It disconnects my laptop from the internet and you cannot reconnect. Disabling the internet and taking that route has no effect. The only way to reconnect is to reboot the computer. The other computer on the network is fine so only mine is affected not the router. I am assumed it’s a driver issue so I updated all my drivers, still does it. Any programs I installed right before and after the issue started, I uninstalled. Still kills the internet. I uninstalled limewire and reinstalled it...Same result. I am out of options. Any one ever hear of this or have any suggestions??? I am out of ideas and would hate to have to abandon limewire.

I have a dell inspiron 8600, 2.05 ghz centrino, intell 802.11 abg, 512 ram, raideon 9600 graphics accelerator, sony dvd rw, windows xp pro with sp2, windows firewall that’s configured to run limewire, linksys router befw11s4 v2.0