View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2005
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Mstfyd

Your idea was discussed in the recent past and, I believe, quite rightly rejected. I understand that you want the P2P network protected from what you identify as "people with malicious intent”, but innocently infected users could find themselves caught in the crossfire.

You say:

Quote:
I find it really hard to believe that it's just some innocent user who has no idea his files are infected.
I would reply; check a number of threads in this forum, look at the number of people who have been scammed, look at the numerous amounts of (silly) questions being asked, you will find that there are a lot of naïve people out there and, yes, it is quite possible for someone to be infected and not know it.

P2P forums are not in the game of naming and shaming, conducting any kind of “policing” action or starting (dodgy) moral crusades. P2P is about sharing files anonymously and that anonymity is more important to the P2P community than anything else.

However, you can get help and advice on the best protective methods, both hardware and/or software, that is currently available right here in this forum.

Nevertheless, it falls to you, the individual, to protect your PC to the best of your ability.

UK Bob

Last edited by ukbobboy01; June 2nd, 2005 at 12:40 AM.