View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2005
Valued Member contributor

rkapsi is flying high

Just a few hints and tips...

1) The connection speed is an user customizable setting. I.e. T3 or not T3 is irrelevant! I hope you realize why they're advertising themselves as T3 (and it works obviously ). As soon as they no longer reach their clientele they'll switch to Cable/DSL... A filter based upon the connection speed is nonsense!

2) Enable the Location column and Extended Tooltips. If a file has many (obviously too many) sources then take a look at the locations. There's certainly a pattern in the IP addresses and add it to your block host list (like 69.113.*.* - try to be as precise as possible).

3) Enable the Vendor/Version column in the download table. I hope you'll see a pattern whenever LimeWire says "download is corrupt" and it is a signal for you to process #2.

4) Well, #4 is an implication of #1 and the fact the setting is customizable. Do you remember what the default connection speed in the LimeWire setup wizard was? Yes? Guess how many ppl. hit the next button without reading it? Well, enjoy the blazing fast downloads from these sources.