View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2005
Apprentice

LeftSaidFred is flying high
Default Solved my connection problem! :)

I phoned my ISP and asked if they blocked Limewire ports and other filesharing ports.

The answer was that if my computer have port scanned other computers, they block nealry all ports to that computer in their servers. In my case, a virus has infected my computer and port scanned other computers to find possibel weak points on computers, for the maker of the virus to use.

They only open ports that are used for Web surfing and other basic operation ( chatting through MSN messenger).

This viruses that do this can couse loads of internet traffic, and therefore the ISP is not found of it.

The only thing they did to infrom me, was to send a e-mail to my mom ( she is the subscriber) and explained the problem. But my mom almost never checks her e-mail account, therefore the message never came to me.

If other people have the same problem as I had ( Could not connect to gnutella network, or bittorrent, kazaa etc.) Then a phone to your ISP is a good move, there are bound to be more ISP that have the same procedure like the ISP I have (Telenor, Norway)

Finally I can connect to gnutella!