Thread: Auto Search
View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2005
Novicius

Diguelo is flying high
Default Auto Search

What a superb program this is turning out to be, however I dont know if anyone has had the same trouble as me with it.

Specifically, a file with a limited number of sources, say 10 or less is in process of being downloaded. For some reason or other the download gets interupted by the usual rigurs of everyday life. When you open the program, the search it performs for the already started download is pretty lame.

Is it possible to have included and automatic search for started files that is comprehensive and also repeats at say 5 minute intervals for more sources.

I am aware that this will add a slight increase in traffic loading over the net, but surely if a file is able to be downloaded faster from more sources, up to the recommended 8 connections per file, then it frees the system off a lot faster.

At the moment if I get stalled downloads I have to reinitialise the search manually then "Oh my god look guys theres the file we should be downloading in that search window".

Just a thought, if I could program in Java Id add it myself, fraid im stuck on C and Basic at the moment.