Thread: avi to mpg
View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2005
CRT

cathodraytube is flying high
Smile

you can get lots of movies on dvhs...i know theres atlest 200 titles or so(cant remember any) but it is getting more popular and more stuff is being relesed on it, i think(hope) it will become just as popular as dvd. the reson it blows everything els out of the water is because the movie on the tape is un-compressed, one tape cartridge holds about 400gb thus the best possibul picture qualety other than the origanal FILM itself, thats somthing dvd/bluray will never be able to do . and there making the tape itself out of better mateials/chemicals and have specail coatings so the tape wont degrade over time or "shead" its magnetic particals from being played over and over. it should last just as long if not longer than its disc counterparts. and it dosent ever get scratched.

as for my last statment "converting somthing will onley make it look(or sound) worse", i should have sead : convering somthing will onley make it look/sound worse or stay the the same, it can never make it look/sound better .

where can you get dvhs movies? : i dont know of any retail place but if you google for it theres lots of sites that sell them, and some that rent the movies and the d-vcr.

the reson im ranting about dvhs is cuz i think its a much better solution for watching movies than the current things like dvd. im not advertizing for it or anything ,i just like it and think its cool.

but still? if the avi files work fine with quicktime player or whatever you use on a mac , why bother converting it???