View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

If you want the songs available to be played then it depends on a no. of things. I'm not very knowledgable about WMP & its abilities. Nor am I over-familiar with the issues with different user accounts. I do know with iTunes you can make playlists available to others. This whole concept would be easier if you have admin priviledges on the computer. One answer is to have a common folder with accessibility for all accounts. Music can be transfered to such a folder. Else playlists can be saved there. A person with admin rights can set up such a folder & give accessibility to multiple users via the control panels.
Control panels>Admin Tools>System Tools>Shared folders>select Shares & go to menu Action & select new & create a new folder also. And set to be shared by all. This new folder's icon will have a hand below it (in Win 2k anyway.) See image sample below. I located this folder inside the All Users folder; ie: C:\Docs and Settings>All Users>New folder.

I'm not a windows user per se so someone else will hopefully be able to suggest other techniques.
Attached Images
File Type: gif share-folder-icon.gif (991 Bytes, 105 views)