View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Just a side comment.

In my country, when a person is caught speeding in a car by a speed camera, it's the registered owner of the vehicle who receives the ticket. I suppose unless they could prove their car had been stolen.

There are some isp's that contain fine print in their conditions of use that refer indirectly to p2p share such as use of net for illegal purposes. I've noted this on isp's in USA I've checked out. Also some people who upld a large no. of files can be seen as running a server without permission. Last year someone noted they'd been warned by their isp for uplding copyright material. It really seems to depend on the isp's attitude, country or state, etc.

By the way, a good firewall & utilities such as Peerguardian: http://peerguardian.methlabs.org/pg2.html (FREE) might be handy to have around. Peerguardian will help block out the possibility of known organisations that seek info on users. ukbobboy01 could fill you in more about that.

I'm just glad we as yet haven't had the same issues as UK & USA. (My ISP holds no objections. lol)