View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2005
Novicius

augustoctober is flying high
Default Re: Connect to Limewire fine but download @ 1k??

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan83
Hi I'm having problems with my Limewire, even Kazaa Lite Ressurection is doing the same thing. I connect just fine, search results come up fast (I'm on DSL) but when I go to download it hangs around 0k-1k sometimes touching 2k for a brief second. Any ideas what's wrong? It's really annoying! Any help would be great thanks!
And I thought I was the only one having this problem. It is really annoying. Mine goes something like 0k-1k blink a few times and will get back to zero in no time. After going through the same motion for some hour or so, total amount of data build up is around 3-4%.

I did not encounter such problem before.Once the connection is successful, the download will just proceed accordingly. Nowadays it is different.Sometimes on successful connection, the word downloading is displayed without any further progress. The Ok bytes just stays idle. However at times, I do get a speed of 20k-25k like this morning for certain songs only.
In the afternoon, it is the same old problem 0k-1k.

Something is wrong somewhere. I have this question. Being a layman, I wonder whether there is any improvement if I download again the Basic from some other countries other than United States. Wonder whether it would help. The language may be foreign initially as I remember it is possible to change language in the menu . My question is whether it will speed things up.

Can anyone please advise.