View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

It would be a help to know exactly what computer Os etc you are using. If you visit the Apple iPod pages there is an endless list of problems mainly with the 4GB mini. I personally think there are compatibility problems with certain machines. Mine is a reasonably old Mac G3. Apple do not seem to recognise a problem. I'm no expert, but I have a 20 GB iPod which works perfectly, and a 4GB mini which will work on a modern iBook, but not on the G3. I don't know the answers, and to my knowledge I am not alone!

If You are using Windoze, I am under the impression that it might be a good idea to restore the iPod, following the instructions on the Apple.com site, as I am informed by the good people at Apple, who have recieved a lot of phone calls from me, that the iPods leave the factory configured for Macs.

The operating instructions for iPods are imho terrible, But try and be more specific about your problem, and if you cannot find the answer in the places mentioned, someone here might have some ideas....