View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2005
Novicius

martinreed is flying high
Default Incomplete downloads missing (gone to 0%)

I have a small home network on which the main machine is a Pentium III desktop PC that basically does everything (running the file sharing programs, providing the internet connection etc as well as running the heavy duty apps such as DVD burning etc). I then use a separate laptop for email, web browsing, etc.

I decided that the file sharing programs were taking up too much processing power on the PIII, so I reinstalled them all on a third machine and moved the download and upload directories across to the new machine. The other two are fine, but LimeWire has lost its partially completed downloads, although bizarrely, it still has the names of the downloads.

I store downloads in a directory called "download" and the shared files in a directory called "shared", so I reinstalled LWPro on the new machine, moved across the "download", "shared" and "Incomplete" directories from the old machine to the new and configured LWPro to use these directories.

When LWPro starts up it finds the shared files OK, and also *lists* the names of all the partially completed downloads, but the progress of each download is shown as being 0%. However, when I look in the "Incomplete" directory, all the incomplete downloads are still there.

Thinking there might be something stored in a database in the LimeWire program directory I copied across all the files from the LimeWire directory on the old machine, overwriting the new (including any hidden files), but still I haven't got my download percentages displayed correctly.

I've also been through the registry on the old machine to see if I could see anywhere in which LimeWire stores a record of the full file sizes from which to calculate the download percentages, but surely that's what the "downloads.dat" file in the "Incomplete" directory is for?

Can anyone help me to get LimeWire to properly recognise my incomplete downloads again? Some of my downloads are hundreds of megabytes in size and I *really* don't want to have to start from scratch again.

Many thanks

Martin Reed