View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2005
Novicius

Julie-Lynn is flying high
Default Stupid iPod photo/ad

I haven't bothered to read all the messages/replies on this thread about the annoying iPid photo/advertisement (sorry!) but there's an insanely simple solution. I only really got the ad when I was downloading tv shows or movies. TV shows & movies quite large sized files, and the iPod ad is tiny (it's only a picture), even though it may be the same format as a movie/tv show (because it flashes the text). So before I click to download a file such as a tv show or movie, I check to see the file size and be sure that it's appropriate. A movie will be somewhere in the megabites and the stuipd iPod ad is only a few kilobytes (or something) in size. So if your proposed download should be large in size and the file size is tiny, it's probably the ad. Comprende? I think I made it sound more complicated than it it, sorry folks.

Here's a handy guide for you mildy technologically-impaired folks (I have this taped to the side of my monitor, ha.):

1 byte = 1 byte
1 kilobyte (KB) = 1 000 bytes
1 megabyte (Mb) = 1 000 kilobytes (KB)
1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 000 megabytes (Mb)

For reference, an old computer's hard drive would be about 5GB, new ones are around 100-160GB. You average song is about 4 000 KB, a 1/2 hour tv show is between 50 000 KB and 250 000 KB and the stupid iPod ad is 30 - 100 KB. And there you have it. I hope that helps.