View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2005
Devotee

Fury29 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Use the link Stief gave you & try out the magnet link. If you get faster speeds via downlding the magnet link then the issue could be with the sources you choose. Try to choose those that have multiple sources under the # column & 3 or 4 stars from the search results.

If you have configured your firewall ( http://www.limewire.com/english/content/firewalls.shtml ) & still getting a False bug test report for incoming then please supply the following information:
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
2. What firewalls you have?
3. How much ram?
4. Hard Disk space available?
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
9. Who is your isp provider?
10. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
First, thank you for responding to this thread LOTR, I hope that you have the time to continue to help us here.
I have tried the link that Stief provided (thanks Stief btw) and attempted to Download one of 'The Scene' episodes. While connected to the network as 'Turbo charged' and receiving the D/L from 4 users my rate was still at 0-1 KB/s. My bug report still shows a 'False' reading from the Incoming / Received list item. I have already edited my preferences to disable the start up tips, deleted my .limewire folder (correctly)..re installed Java and L/Wire, disabled the XP firewall (had been disabled for a while now since I use Norton Worm protection) and disabled Norton. I edited my preferences to show only 3&4 star results from a Cable / DSL connection or higher. I have used Lime Wire for at least 6 months now and love the program, never had a bit of trouble until recently; always had no problem connecting, downloads were fast and had no complaints at all. I am still a fan and supporter of the program, I wouldn't be trying so hard (and getting frustrated) to fix it if I didn't. Again, anyones help with this is appreciated. Here are the specs you requested:

1)Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
2)The Firewall that was included in SP 2 (Disabled)
Norton AV 2005 with Internet Worm Protection
3)512 MB of RAM
4)16.8 GB of free space on the HDD (out of 80)
5) Cable Modem
6) Surfboard Model SB4100 Cable Modem
Belkin Router- Model# F5D5230-4
7) I connect at Home
8) My Lime Wire is Version 4.8.1
Java2 1.5.0_02
9) My ISP is Waycross Cable Co.
10) I have been using LW for over 6 months, no problems until recently.

I will be awaiting any help anxiously!! Thanks!