Thread: CVS notes?
View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2005
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about
Default LAN transfers/connections

Any chance LAN transfers can be fixed for this setup? I realize the upload limits, which are set for uploads to external clients on both machines is the problem.

-IBook G3 and an iMac G4; both running 10.3.9; both have separate static local IP's to enable uploads; both can accept incoming; both have upload bandwidth set at 90KB/s--about 85%
-G3 has a static IP of 192.168.59.2 and is running as an UP with the CVS version
-G4 is 192.168.59.3, running LW 4.8.1 Pro as a leaf.

Search results from either machine only sometime show the other's files as blue stars, so that part works OK, but when I started LW in a different user account on the G4, the results just showed as the regular T1 speed on the G3, but the G4's search for "stief" quickly showed blue files.

Searching with the G3 for the name of the G4's user account quickly returns a list of shared files. Grr Please remove user account names from the keywords advertised in the path.

When the G4 downloaded a video from the G3, the screenshot taken from the G3's monitor pane shows the upload split between the router's static local IP and the proper static IP of the server. Any chance such transfers could bypass the upload controls, and be shown as a single transfer?

Sorry I can't explain this more clearly, but I hope LAN transfers can be revisited before LW 5

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png ethernet transfers.png (11.3 KB, 163 views)