View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2005
concerned_customer

In fairness, I can see how by providing a phone number you could get a neverending stream of support calls. It would be difficult indeed for any company to answer all the dumb questions on the planet.

However, the same doesn't apply to PayPal et al. They don't need to provide support, just collect payments and charge (probably megabucks) for doing so. At the same time, they demonstrate a lackadaisical commitment to security by not offering alternatives to payment by web. I guess they consider their systems to be impenetrable. I wonder how many others have made that mistake in the past.

Personally I don't care if I get the official version of LimeWire or not. It would be nice, but not at the risk of exposing debit and credit card info to potential hackers. And yes, they do exist. Just install a firewall and watch how many people are trying to get access to your computer from all over the planet. It's easy enough to verify.

For you folks though, I'd think it would be worth your while to get on PayPal's case. You're their customer, you pay for their services. Make them give you your money's worth. You're the one losing sales because of their policies.