View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2005
Novicius

turquoisesky is flying high
Default Ultrapeers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
[B]I have heard of bogus ultrapeers before. Ultrapeers are people you connect thru when connecting to the gnutella network. Not sure what the best way to by-pass them. Try deleting & adding new connections on the connection page perhaps or blocking those hosts that do this. Need to be sure though before you block them!!!

Hello All. I live in the boonies at 10,000 ft altitude, and I wanted to speak up for any other T3's out there who aren't part of this "conspiracy". I have a high speed satellite connection, because that and dial-up over crappy phone lines, are our only options up here. I was having the same problems downloading that others have mentioned and just finished all the suggested fixes. My dl's are now flying! (Yeah!) As a side affect, all my Ultrapeer users (I have six using my system as I write this) are now having sucessful downloads, whereas before the fixes, most of those accessing my connection to speed up theirs were getting dropped or incomplete dl's and their connection speeds were crappy - 0K - 2K. Maybe not all T3's are bad, they just have the same issues w/ dl's you have. The uploads I show also show 100% for those uploading from me, for the first time. Maybe I made a few other users happier today - please don't dis all T3's! Some of us are o.k! I'm happy to share my speed to help those with slower connections.
(I like the suggestion to browse the host first. I got a trojan horse from one of those T3's w/ 1000's of files yesterday - who has time to dl and keep 1000's of files?)