View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2001
Apprentice

Seehund is flying high
Question Limewire can't download (RH Linux 7.2)

Hi all!

I just wiped my Redhat 7.1 installation, which ran Limewire 1.7b just fine, and upgraded to 7.2.

I installed Limewire 1.7c, and it starts OK, connects OK, searches OK, gets incoming searches OK and other users can get my files OK. The problem is that I can't download anything!

I have tried dozens of files from many four-star hosts with "green" connections speed ratings. If a fast host has free slots I get "Connecting... Downloading from x.x.x.x [0 kB/s]" immediately followed by "Couldn't download".

Sometimes I get the "waiting for X busy" and "waiting for X replies", always followed by "Couldn't download" when the transfer is supposed to be initiated.

I tried entering my static IP address in the "Force local IP" option under Advanced/Firewall, but that didn't help.

I'm on a 10Mbps university connection, and the Gnutella ports are supposedly not blocked by the uni.

I suspect there could be a configuration issue with Linux, since it worked fine before my OS upgrade, but being somewhat of a Linux newbie - I usually get lost in the /etc jungle - I'm not sure of what to be looking for. I tried using "Lokkit" to disable any firewall functionality (but AFAIK that controls ipchains, and I'm using iptables for IPMASQ/connection sharing).

HTTP(S), mail, IRC, FTP works fine.

Any tips?