View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2005
Apprentice

dubina is flying high
Question Have I been scammed?

A couple of days ago, I read a post to one of these fora by a guy who was very unhappy to have downloaded a bogus copy of Limewire that subsequently buggered his hard drive.

A couple of months ago, I downloaded Limewire basic and paid maybe 15 bucks as a one-time charge to do so. I also paid something slightly more than 15 bucks for the ability to download movies.

Also a couiple of days ago, I read something that said Limewire Basic could be downloaded free.

I've had trouble with my composter since downloading Limewire, though I can't say my trouble was coincident to that download.

I have ad aware, Norton Antivirus, Spybot S&D, Etrust and some other stuff looking after bugs...and I've had plenty. Just now those guardians tell me I'm clean, but my composter (AMD 3200+) sometimes seems to run slower than an old P-150.

Has anybody heard of people hijacking and selling Limewire dowloads? If so, do they tend to be malicious such that I might ought to dump the one I'm using now?

I have a 56k modem and I'm looking for some fairly uncommon audio tracks. What good would Limewire Pro do so far as increasing my download success for rare tracks? Limewire doesn't have a lot to say about that besides giving out some fairly nonspecific informatiion.

My movie "buy" proved really useless at 56k so I suppose in practicality, it only works with a broadband connection.

Any helpful hints and insights would be much appreciated,

thanks,