View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2005
Disciple

BobbyNaini is flying high

kc0rkx_finch is absolutely right. Try the steps that I've outlined. They are perfectly safe! I assure you of that.

Disabling the System Restore feature is important when you are cleaning out viruses, adware, trojans, etc. from your computer. When restore points are created they are stored in a directory that is accessible only to the System account and not to a user. This keeps the restore points safe from misuse and tampering. Unfortunately this also means that any virus scan software you may have installed can not scan the files located there as well. This causes a problem if a file that is infected with a virus gets backed up into a restore point because now the anti-virus software can not clean it. Now if you ever restore from a restore point, that file that is infected will be introduced back into your system. Turning off the System Restore until you have cleared the computer of the virus ensures that the next System Restore point is clean (ie. free of the traces of the virus) so that it cannot be re-introduced on your computer.

You will be soooooooo happy once you try the steps! It will remove the annoying virus. Believe me!

Bobby Naini