View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2005
I_Have_No_Account

I don't see a lot happening with GnucDNA. I doubt that they "finance" it, they might have licensed it. They have never ever contributed to anything at the Gnutella Development Forum. Their software is full of bugs and they do not react at all to such issues. All they do is paying some **** poor coders to rip-off free software and glue it together to support a bazillion of P2P networks in order to leech. They've killed dozens of GWebCaches but I've never seen them providing any GWebCache.

Hail LimeWire for not including Spy- and Adware even in the free version. Hail LimeWire for offering the complete sources under the GPL. Hail LimeWire for improving the Gnutella protocol and keeping it an open protocol. LimeWire has become the most popular vendor for Gnutella not because they scam the web or rip-off other's work but because they actively develop Gnutella and support other vendors too. Just read the GDF archive and look at all innovations that came from LimeWire and others (but not Morpheus). How dare you call them leeches? They are the market leader but are still absolutely fair towards other vendors. Compare that to any other market, please.

If Morpheus gets sued that's their problem. As far as I recall, they have won the case. I have no clue why they have to pay 4 million dollars then.

Nobody needs Morpheus to speak for them or defend "the future of P2P".