View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2005

trap_jaw4 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by LimeWire2005
Is that why they finance GnucDNA development and contribute to its development as well?
There is not much financing going on as far as I can tell. The GnucDNA project is still driven by John Marshall as its only developer and he doesn't even seem to work on GnucDNA full-time. GnucDNA is currently updated maybe once or twice a month and is generally a year behind at implementing new Gnutella protocol extensions.

Quote:
Besides, this has nothing to so with contributing to Gnutella, this has to do with contributing to the fight for future P2P! All LimeWire have done is given nothing back, but drawn in all the users and glory and limelight from it!
Morpheus was already down before LimeWire ever became that popular and before the RIAA began its legal proceedings against Streamcast, if you want to blame drawing all the users on someone, blame it on Kazaa. You don't really expect LimeWire to help Fasttrack in its legal battle, but Morpheus is like completely different?

Quote:
This is why Morpheus has had to include bundled software, ad banners and popup for so long, this is why Grokster, BearShare have to still bundle software with their installers, this is why eDonkey had to have opt-out bundles for so long, while LimeWire are like "Oh, look how great we are, we don’t want our users to have to install fu**king Spyware on their computers, we've just left Morpheus & Grokster to fight in court and pay $4,000,000 in legal costs (and counting)!
Now you're blaming LimeWire for not bundling crap with their installer? Are you insane?

It's unfortunate for Morpheus that they were sued and it's unfortunate that Kazaa kicked them from the Fasttrack network to take all their users but I really don't see why LimeWire is morally obliged to support Morpheus financially.
Of course, I don't know the reasoning behind LimeWire LLC's decisions but if I was on of the people who invested into LimeWire, it would have to be very profitable for me to decide to burn money at court.