View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2005
Novicius

LilMommaX is flying high
Angry RE: files always corrupted, firewall set to 'always allow;

At first when the pop up started coming up saying there was a corruption detected in the file do you want to continue downloading i would say yes, then when i tried to play the file in Windows Media Player 10 I got an error message saying that the player could not play the file because the codec was not supported, but it was an mp3 file.. and other mp3's play fine. so after a while i checked the box that said 'always use this answer' and said no. Then every file said 'file corrupted' after the download completed.
I cannot think of anything I missed with the Norton, its pretty simple to configure.
I have a cable modem from cox.. no idea what brand or model it is.
Ive noticed from some other posts that T3 or higher sources commonly do that and i was trying to download a particularly popular song that im not even sure has officially been released yet ( i couldnt find it on any of the pay services i sometimes use) - and all of the sources were t3 or higher. Would that have something to do with it??? Are there certian artists that are really difficult to get?
After trying and trying i finally got one out at least 50 attempted to download but its not of the best quality. I guess beggers cant be choosers.
I really appreciate your help!