Thread: Piracy Avengers
View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2001
Apprentice

free_bound is flying high
It may occur to you, that you might not be able to change that, and if you could, would you want it?
When I wrote down all the IPs of people who have illegal stuff on their computers, I wouldn't be able to ever stop writing.
Through Gnutella the people have to learn that by buying software they support a company.
It will be the choice of the user if he wants to pay for software files etc., but the users will also need to be able to send the company money for the program they downloaded.
To solve the moral dilemma a system should be developed with which one can send money tp anyone as simply as you would give him the coin physically. So the users would not just be able to choose not to pay. It would enable them to choose to pay.
An example are the many shareware programs on the web. I would give the creators of these the money which I can spare, but I can't because I don't want to risk using my credit card (and because it is easier to find the serials illegally).
Allow the User to act as mature as he is, don't bicker about those who aren't. They will get the software whatever you do.