View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2005
Spextacle

Exclamation

I get this too. It used to be easy to avoid that ipod crap -- don't download anything with a zillion T1 hosts whose name doesn't contain any words except only and exactly the ones in your search query. If it was from a cable host it was safe. If it had only 3 sources it was safe. If its name didn't contain a word from your search it was safe. If its name contained a word you never used in your search it was safe.

Not anymore. Now it seems the mesh is being polluted too -- every batch of files I get contains at least one ipod spam that looked like a legitimate, normal, non-spoofed result in the search I did.

How do I keep these F*#!ING THINGS OFF MY F&*!ING HARD DRIVE! It's MY COMPUTER! I DECIDE! I WANT THESE THINGS GONE! NEVER AGAIN! HOW DAMMIT?!

I could Bitzi lookup all the files in every single search, but that would TAKE FOREVER, not to mention Bitzi isn't very dependable -- I checked a bunch of known spams and maybe half of them had bad ratings on Bitzi and the rest were simply "unknown".

I NEED A BETTER SOLUTION. NOW GODDAMMIT!