Thread: Complaint
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2005
Novicius

NOT bill gates possession is flying high
Default Forum purpose??

Interesting how the exclusive "good ol' boys" club has become the exclusive "good ol' geeks club"... Like heid1i, I also am a beginner, and thought this forum was about sharing knowledge and building the strength of the network/community. It seems to me that her intelligence level has little to do with it; only her experience level.

Also seems that nearly all the responses were tantamount to saying "if you aren't one of "us", you don't have any place here, and have no right to be online at all", and "let's deride the outsider".

Come on guys, all that was required was to give a few lines of basic information! Do you want to propagate the network, or just keep it in the club?

My own level of experience and knowledge is somewhat higher than her's, but I still have A LOT to learn. I was wanting to ask some questions myself, but having read this thread (and a few others similar), maybe I should just look elsewhere (and keep my files of collected rare and out of print/copyrite music to myself?)...

I'm an artist by proffession, and if artists had these attitudes, there wouldn't be any arts left (and yeah, that includes music and film). We all have to learn EVERYTHING somewhere, somehow, and if those with knowledge won't share it, they shouldn't blame the still ignorant/naive for propogating scam sites.