View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2005
Apprentice

medieddie is flying high

I rang my ISP, PlusNet to see if they in some way are filtering the port 6346 and they said they weren't. Apparently they do block/filter 3 ports but 6346 isnt one of them. However they said that they do limit bandwidth to the p2p ports because apparently they slow down the network which could be why. In which case there's nothing i can do, cant afford 21.99 a month for premier. Could you investigate PlusNet for me somehow, i know you did that for another user, (my package is Broadband Plus 14.99/month 2mb) and see of they are indeed filtering or blocking anything. I followed your tips, tried different downloads and speeds much the same, sluggish under 10KB/s.

If that comes back fine then i could try reinstalling SP1 (not sure how to do that though).

Ive tried putting different ports in, (80, and the others you said in a post somewhere on a forum) and nothing changed...

Alternatively, do you know any broadband packages around the same price as mine which dont operate on a bandwidth - limiting network/system and instead cater to users/customers who download large files a lot.

I really appreciate your help