View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2005
yousoldouttotheriaadincha

Eh -- you can turn it off? It didn't say THAT in the changelog.

Or did you expect people to actually install the beta and discover it that way? That would have entailed taking a big risk -- that it would NOT be possible to turn it off, leaving them either stuck with the "feature" or losing all their incomplete downloads which is what apparently happens if you go down a version. Not a very palatable choice for many of us, I suspect.

Not that I can see much point in this feature even so. Almost every file out there will have no license file -- a lot of them because they are public domain and anyone who published a license file for them would actually be attempting piracy! Theft of public property or some such.

The most important thing is that you should update the changelog post-haste to say YOU CAN TURN IT OFF! in big bold letters at the end of that line. And make it off by default in version 4.9.3. There's already posts complaining about this in other places around these forums, and the changelog has only been up for a matter of hours -- you'll have to nip this in the bud before the pro users really do start deserting in droves. I think the general assumption would be that it would behave like all the other warning dialogs when downloading a file, such as the one for when the file already exists. None of those has an "always use the same answer" option, despite how useful it would be for downloading a big batch of files without having to say no to overwriting every single file it decides you already have...