View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2005
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

thanks et voilą --figured the refugee(s) had a lot in common: the fairly literate writing (despite the bitterness) had much the same voice.

Actually, I wondered if "they" were Bearshare and/or Raza refugees, whom I wish well. The deterioration of those groups and their forums is a pretty sad dissipation of much knowledge. "They" make decent beta-testers too since they've found many of the bugs already noted.

Anyway, good to see the changelog trying to keep up the developments: there have been so many changes to the code and the law that I'm pretty impressed with how well LW is coping.

re - Media player enabling and disabling no longer requires restart. Good! that explains why it worked on OS X today.

re License column: some of the older magnetmix tunes still don't show licences: can they be added?

-I'm still having problems with checkmarks not updating in inactive search results or parts of the active search tab's window when it is scrolled elsewhere. Thought it was an OS X problem

-using command-click for discontiguous selections still is a problem if the screen is scrolled.

-Is the update mechanism still a Windows-only feature?

Anyway, thanks for the changelog Sam--it does help focus what to test for.

Cheers all: 2.7.13 was the highest I can recall for a beta: I hope 4.9.14 can break that record and 5.0 will come out on LW's official 5 year annivesary