View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2005
Novicius

Jbertsch is flying high
Default Re: NEW PROBLEM-EXPERIENCED USER...plz help!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by malice_ind
I have been using limewire for over two years and have installed and worked on it on many of my friends pc's. Having recently moved, I haven't had the oppurtunity to setup my pc-but I did install it on my friends pc for him (specs at bottom). I have not been able to connect at all until now, and limewire shows "excellent" quality-yet when I search it says if is trying to finish connecting and may not yield many results and everything I have clicked on to download says "more sources". There is one download that says "downloading 0% that has been sitting there for about 3 and a half hours. I have tried everything I can think of...any suggestions???

Sys specs
-Dell Latitude D600

-WinXP Pro (no SP2 yet...running SP1 build 2600)

-1.8GHz Pentium M

-512MB RAM

-20G HD, 13 G avail....Hey, its not mine!!! LOL

-0 firewalls
soon to be Windows Firewall

-T1 I think (living at apt. complex that furnished high speed internet to all rooms)

LW 4.9.1
Java 1.5.0_01
Yoy do need to install SP2 which is free from Microsoft. If your computer is set for automatic updates then you would have been notified automatically. SP2 saves a lot of problems when running windows xp. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me.