View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2001
Unregistered

Angry

I have the same problem but worse.

I run a G4 with a 512kbps cable connection, OS9.1, Norton System Works and Norton Personal Firewall (necessary with a cable connection). Because of numerous sytem crashes, I have recently clean installed OS9.1 and updated all software using the automatic update system every day...... So I am completely current in ALL software.

I find that Limewire crashes my system constantly, and in the process this corrupts my system catalogue files and means that I have to repair my disk after every crash. Fortunately I hvae two HD in the G4, so I can start form the second when the system folder is completely screwed up.

The problem seems to occur most frequently as a download completes and the app moves it from the incomplete to the shared folder, and at the same time teh anti-virus kicks in to check the file for virus infection.

After one crash, even after a Disk Utility check and desktop rebuild, the syetem refuses to work in a stable fashion until I have run Norton Disk Doctor which always finds a long list of errors, particularly in the catalogue structure and in logical file lengths.

It's time this issue was fixed..............