View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2001
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcy
Normally this shouldn't happen. When your search request fits both files and they are both exactly the same size Xolox normally automatically assumes that they are in fact the same file and will only display one of the two (the one it found first).

This could only happen if you made two different search requests and selected one file in each. Which would be unnecessary, since Xolox will see that the new file does fit your search terms AND is the same size ...

The Seeker had some very extensive descriptions about this. Maybe you should look them up.
Ah, ha. It is indeed possible that they were selected in two different searches thus causing the problem. I just did a search now and I no longer see the file that I had just been downloading a second ago. Well it's nice to see that my feature request has been taken care of even well, before I made it.

I will be careful about selecting the same file from different searches even if it has been renamed.

I take it then that I am free to rename the files that I download. I recently noticed that StarWars: Phantom menace had german titles and english vocals. I assume then that I can rename to the file to reflect this without damaging its score or affecting other users. Now I wonder if my name has made it onto the search of if it will still show the original name in the search.