View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Both Fabion & I have the identical complaints about this version. Difficult to connect to hosts. At startup it quickly rushes thru the incompletes & all are either 'Need More Sources' or 'Waiting for busy hosts' (a large no!!!) So then we are forced to manually search the topics or resume/find sources. Of this both have had limited success. In one day i've had a max of one downld/time, & fabion a max of 4. What's more, the speeds have been very limited for both of us. And for fabion he is used to very hi speeds!

With LW 4.8.1 I am conditioned to downlds starting within LW unassisted 2/3 of times. The betas have not done this (with the exception of the 1st beta on only the very 1st occasion.) And if things are not so good, then a browse finds those sources, but browses are not only harder to find but less effectual.

LW 4.9.7 seems less effective than LW 4.9.5 which is less effective than LW 4.8.1 for my normal use of LW.

I'm not sure about the logic that we need to use the Resume/Find more sources function to get out incompletes started again & even that with less effectiveness than LW 4.8.1

I realise the NIB or whatever it's called has allowed some changes but, I think something's been unnecessarily sacrificed here.