View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default Double-check your changes to make sure they're for the better

Quote:
Originally posted by zab
The logic of downloading was changed so that LimeWire would remember fewer sources between sessions, but those sources would be of higher quality. ... It is not so much a sacrifice as a different tuning - LimeWire may seem to perform a little worse for downloads which are resumed after a restart ...
I suspect the programmers don't realise exactly how much this has affected the normal users of LW. You should test your changes before making them permanent! I certainly wouldn't buy pro if i was getting results like i'm getting now. I don't believe i need to put it any more clearly. LW was fine before, if you need to reduce certain things to make it more gnutella client community compliant then please say.

As it stands, LW is quite a different program than it was before & requires a totally different approach than any previous version. On top of that, it means that users need to know & understand the most advanced skills of using LW in order to make it work let alone continue incomplete files which now have a "lesser" chance of completing & more & more incompletes will basically become obsolete b/c LW won't recognise or remember the previous hosts.