View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2005
Novicius

bigfish is flying high
Default incomplete dowloads start over

Hi,

I think similar questions (about incomplete downloads) as the one i'm about to ask have been asked, yet i haven't come across the answer i'm looking for.

I was downloading a file (700 mb) when my internet connection dropped out and so i had to restart my computer (even though i have broadband, it frequently disconnects).

So then i went to launch limewire but it came up asking me what language, connection speed etc. - the questions asked during set up when i installed limewire. But it wasn't re-installing limewire again, so i'm not really sure why it did this.

Anyway, to my question... the file was already 65% complete, yet I couldn't find it in my incomplete directory or shared, it turned up somewhere else (i can't remember where). anyhow, I moved it into the incomplete folder and then the file appeared in my limewire library.

I then selected resume, however the file started from the beginning. This confuses me - i thought it would just pick up where it left off.

I have some other incomplete files, which i haven't pressed resume for, and was wondering if there was something else that i should do instead, such that the files wouldn't start over again.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.