View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2005
Novicius

Kysala is flying high
Default Connection Problems.

I have 2 PC's both running windows XP pro. I have the latest version of limewire pro and it will not let me connect. Connection never used to be a problem until about 5 months ago when it stopped and hasn't connected since. I have 2 firewalls in operation, windows default firewall and the one built into my router (which I cannot disable!) I have set up port forwarding and opened the port 6346 on both firewalls. I have set limewire to force port 6346 on the router options and it still won't connect. I have tried disabling the windows firewall and deleting the .limewire preferences folder but all of this has failed and still left me unable to connect on either machine. Can anyone please help me?

I have an amd athlon 2.7gig cpu

I have tried the test page http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ and get no response.
I have also tried the
with a d-link router DSL-G604T
UPnp is active and I have also set up seperate port forwarding for both TCP and UDP

I have installed the patch Event ID 4226 Patcher v2.11 which has made no difference.

I have also tried the testpage www3.limewire.com/6346 but get no response even though all other webpages work fine as does my pop3 server.

Last edited by Kysala; July 26th, 2005 at 05:29 PM.