View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2005
Disciple

way2muchcoffee is flying high
Default Dramatic Drop in DL Speed - Any Ideas?

have a 2.5 Mbps dl connection. I get up to 60 kBps on a given title (many hosts), though some files DL at <1 kBps. The combined bandwidth for my DL's averages between 100-150 kBps.

This morning something changed. I left the computer on all day and almost nothing came in. Before I left, something strange happened. My internet connection dropped. I reconnected but receieved a message that my password was not valid. After about 10 minutes and many attemps, I mysteriously connected.

I have been monitoring my dl's all evening and the same files that yesterday combined to about 200 kBps now are averaging 15 kBps.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Could my internet provider have targeted me as a high bandwidth user and put some kind of filter on my account?

I just tried a download on CNET and got about 200 kBps which was great for a single file. I checked some bandwidth sites and found that I am getting around 2 Mbps right now. I washed my system, cleaned my registry, cold-booted, scanned for viruses and adware, so far with no positive results for limewire.

I am rather frustrated. Should I reinstall Limewire? Should I contact my provider? Any ideas?